My kids are still sorting their Halloween candy, yet everywhere we go, we see Christmas decor and major pressure to buy buy BUY!
Here are a few ideas to help you keep your cool during this frenetic time:
1. Avoid the stores. That’s right. Just don’t go in. Especially on the dreaded Black Friday when you will make terrible impulsive decisions and possibly be trampled by crazed shoppers.
2. Consider buying your gifts online, especially on sites like etsy.com that offer unique handcrafted items.
3. Volunteer. It’s easy to get distracted by all of the consumerism and pressure. Distract yourself and get some perspective by offering to help out at a soup kitchen or local charity.
4. Find things around your home to donate. The more the merrier! Now is the best time to clear space and help others at the same time.
5. Make things. Cook a seasonal meal, decorate a gingerbread house with your kids, craft if you’re crafty!
How will you stay calm this holiday season? Please share!
One comment on “5 Ways To Avoid The Holiday Madness”
I love making gifts, including homemade cookies in wax paper wrapped with pretty bows (I always stock up on the sale ribbon at Micahel’s). Sometimes I make my own wrapping paper with stamps and brown Kraft paper. That way whatever the gift is, the presentation is lovely. I help my kids make gifts for their grandparents. I generally avoid the stores and never shop on Black Friday.