My new policy: Instead of having a whole collection of half used sub-par products I now only allow myself to buy one high quality product at a time. I used to buy tons of cheaper options but that just led to clutter and dissatisfaction. Since I have eliminated impulse shopping I allow myself to splurge on high quality and pricier options and actually save money.
I love the look of these French Market Baskets. They can be used for practical purposes like trips to the Farmer’s Market or creatively in your home. I like to store throw pillows or blankets or even bathroom accessories like hairdryers and products in them.
As many of you know, I have baby on the brain and am due this summer with my second little girl! As I am gearing up for chaos and sleepless nights I try to remember the things that saved me last time. I wanted to share these tips that made my life as a new mama sooooo much easier:
Pre-Baby Prep (To-do Before Baby Arrives!)
1. Clean your house or hire a cleaner to do a deep clean.
2. Stock up on paper goods, cleaning products and household necessities.
3. Buy easy-to-grab treats and beverages: Cliff bars, trail mix, coconut water and energy drinks are new mama favorites.
4. Clear the clutter! Everyone knows that babies require a lot of gear and gadgets. Try to slim down the rest of your house on clutter and chaos before the big event.
5. Organize a dinner drop-off program with friends and family. (www.mealtrain.com) is an excellent resource for this!
6. Make sure your ducks are in a row: pediatrician and health care for baby, car seat installed, pre-register with the hospital, set up an emergency phone list.
7. Line up any necessary support for the first month (cleaning service, food delivery, post-partum doula, lactation consultant, etc.)
8. Pack your hospital bag with post-it reminders for any last minute additions (cell phone, wallet, ipod, etc.)
9. Discuss with your partner how you will handle guests and visitors.
10. Schedule at least one day of pre-baby pampering and a date or mini vacation with your partner!